HI-TEC - ABView
Airbags Video Analysis Tool
The purpose of ABView software is to provide the user with a powerful tool to view, manage and measure movies related to the airbag's deployment. The software is able to perform a series of calculations and measurements that indicate to the user the airbag's inflated area.
The purpose of ABView software is to provide to the user a powerful tool to view, manage and measure movies related to the outbreak of airbags. The software is able to perform a series of calculations and measurements that indicate to the user the area occupied by the air bag in the phase of explosion.
The software is able to analyze a movie in AVI format that contains the images of the blast air bag to be analyzed.
The software ABView guides the user in a sequence of steps that enable it to perform:
- Calibration: allows you to calibrate the image and select the portion of it on which to operate
- Original display: The operator has the ability to view the original video stream obtaining the same information away if done correctly the software calibration phase.
- Screening thresholds: In this operational phase, the user must select the RGB parameters that allows to discriminate the airbag area of the background. The selection can be made through the sliders in the area of the histograms representing the concentration of the colors R (red), G (green) and B (blue) in the current image. Therefore it's necessary that there is a strong color contrast between the airbag and the background (including the dashboard)
- Viewing and Measurement Area In this operational phase it's visible the measure of the area occupied by the surface of the airbag. The values measured are in pixels and (after appropriate calibration) in square centimeters
- Diagramm Area / Time: In this phase it's possible the realization of the graphic area occupied by the air bag as a function of time. By acting on the "Compute Graph Area", we proceed with the frame-by-frame calculation of the area occupied by the air bag (depending on the setting in the previous operational phases) and relates each measurement with its time, taking into account of the time zero trigger set manually. In this operating phase, the user can see a cropped image of air bag so that the user sees only the outline of the area that oversees the airbag.
- Print Report: The last operational phase involves compiling and printing of a report that presents an example of the figure. The report is divided into six functional areas: an area where there are the logo and the title of the report; an area in which the operator can set the data of the airbag, the time and the date of testing and some notes; four zones in which the operator can select which type of representation to be insert. Report printing is effected by the pressure of the Print button located at the bottom of the window